I’m sure u have had lemon cake earlier and blueberry muffins … but have u tried Lemon and Blueberry in combination!
The tangy lemon and mild sweetness of blueberries are perfect to tingle your taste buds
And what’s more … my recipe doesn’t uses almond flour and is totally eggless and gluten free.
The sugar is also unrefined … so it’s HEALTHY too. It’s sure to make those taste buds go TANGYY!!!
For the cake:
220 gms almond flour ( I just take my almonds and pulse it to a powder in the blender).
2/3 cup light cane sugar ( coconut sugar is good too or any light unrefined sugar)
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
3/4 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Touch of sea salt
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp lemon zest
2/3 cup nut milk
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water lukewarm… kept for 10 mins)
Blueberries – as u like
COCONUT LEMON CREAM
1/4 cup coconut butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup nut milk (maybe more or less to get a good consistency of cream glaze)
Here’s the recipe
* in a large mixing bowl combine almond flour (can be made at home too), light cane sugar, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, sprinkle of sea salt. Mix all dry ingredients together.
* in a separate bowl hand whisk lemon juice, 2 lemon zest, nut milk ( I make mine at home by taking 1/5 th qt overnight soaked almonds, and cashews and blending with 4/5 qt water… then straining) olive oil, vanilla essence, maple syrup flax egg ( 1 tbsp blended flax seeds + 3 tbsp Luke warm water… kept aside fr 5 mins till mix becomes thick )
* preheat oven at 170 degree C
* mix the dry ingredients into the wet to make a smooth batter… pour into loaf pan and sprinkle blueberries on top
* bake for about 35-40 mins till fork comes dry and kitchen smells yummy.
* cool on the rack . B4 removing from tin!
* to make glaze
Melt 1/4 cup coconut better (in India the temperature keeps it melted only) whisk in 1 tbsp maple syrup and lemon juice … then add in non diary milk to meet consistentcy
Store in refrigerator and pour glaze while serving